Monday, January 19, 2009

Hustle and Flow

I'm pleased to introduce my second official hip-hop mixtape. This is a milestone for me, as I'm just breaking my chops in on this genre. I also discovered my hidden love of Luniz's "I got 5". What a stellar song. How did it go beneath my radar for so many decades?

I was so intrigued by the song, that I had to do some due diligence on the group. Luniz is comprised of two guys,
Yukmouth and Numskull. Unbeknown to me, Luniz was at the forefront of west coast rap way back in the early 90s and has worked with all the noteworthy bay-side rappers, like
Mac Dre and the legendary Shock G. According to Wikipedia, Luniz attempted to start a high profile show-down with Master P at one point, apparently over the use of the concept "Ice Cream Man". It's funny that something as innocuous as ice cream could ruffle the feathers of a hard-core rapper.

Hustle and Flow Mixtape

Tracklist
1. I got 5 -
Luniz
2.
Zonin' - Gangstarr
3. Time Moves On -
Sadat X
4.
Find a way - Tribe Called Quest
5. Clint Eastwood -
Gorillaz
6. Shuvit -
Santogold / Jay Z ----> check out Evan Roth's new video
7. All Nite -
Mary Jane Girls
8. Drop -
Pharcyde

No comments: